Men says: These are Rules of Men! And Men’s Rules are all #1, although they are numbered differently for your convenience
I say: Ours too are all#1 and equal haha
1. (Men) Learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us bitching about you leaving it down. (I say) Agree. You’re a big boy too. If you change, don’t scatter your clothes everywhere in any room, I’m sure you know where the laundry basket is located. And put everything back to where they came from. Women are not your PAs (personal assistants)
2. (M) Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again! (I say)No problem, as long as men make an effort to surprise women once in a while even if there is no special occasion. That makes the thought more sweeter
3. (M)Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it. (I say)More often, women think of bags, shoes, and clothes not men. Live with it.
4. (M)Sunday = Sports. It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be. (I say)Ok fine. If women watch drama shows and they cry. Let us. Women always try to associate themselves with everything they see.
5. (M)Don’t cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you’re stuck with her. (I say)Don’t pierce your ears or grow your hair, you’re not a girl. But really, respect individuality.
6. (M)Shopping is not a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way. (I say)Agree. Shopping is shopping and should only be exclusive to women but women love it when men pay the price. (evil laugh)…Hey, we wanna look good for you, what you give is what you get
7. (M)Crying is blackmail. (I say)Maybe to some women but not all and not all crying is because of men. Women are just emotional, it’s just one way of expressing how we feel just like how men put their emotions in a bottle of beer
8. (M)Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it! (I say)but don’t make women ask all the time. Take the initiative. I’m sure men are not dumb, you just want to play dumb because you don’t want to do it…but hey, you will be appreciated and rewarded if you get out of your comfort zones sometimes just to please us
9. (M)We don’t remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand. (I say)Sure! And don’t get irritated when reminded.
10. (M)Most guys own three pairs of shoes – tops. What makes you think we’d be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress? (I say)Would you want your lady to dress inappropriately especially with you walking by her side? We believe your thoughts count (and it’s the most important comment we need to hear) that’s why we ask men including our brothers haha
11. (M)Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question. (I say)Definitely! And same goes to men…but forgive women if we are fickle-minded. Our YES now is really YES but there’s always a possibility that it might become NO later…so grab the opportunity right away
12. (M)Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for. (I say)I disagree, I believe both sexes sometimes just need their love to lend a listening ear not necessarily wanting for an advice or asking for help. Just listen and comfort, you don’t need to utter a word.
13. (M)A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor. (I say)If you don’t get our point and keep repeating the same thing over and over again…then go see a shrink, there might be something wrong with your brain that’s why you are giving us a headache.
14. (M)Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days. (I say)Agree, fighting over petty things is useless and its nonsense to bring it back over and over again. It’s not good to keep a broken record in the house…Forgive and forget but learn the lesson and NEVER repeat the mistake again.
15. (M)If you won’t dress like the Victoria’s Secret girls, don’t expect us to act like soap opera guys. (I say)Easy!… buy us Victoria’s Secret .
16. (M)If you think you’re fat, you probably are. Don’t ask us. We refuse to answer. (I say)Then lie and then wake us up early every morning so we can run and sweat together
17. (M)If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one. (I say)No playing safe please, mean what you say and say what you mean…
18. (M)You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself. (I say)Ok, you do the laundry and I’ll do the ironing haha seriously, if one is capable to do it on his/her own then do it yourself but don’t forget to offer a hand, that would be nice.. And if we ask you to do something, don’t pretend that you know how if you don’t, just say you can’t and we’ll let the expert do it instead.
19. (M)Whenever possible, say whatever you have to say during commercials. (I say)Agree. And don’t talk, complain, comment or make irritating movements & noises while we are absorb in the love flick we are watching.
20. (M)Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we. (I say)Then, let us drive haha…
21. (M)ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what taupe is. (I say)Haha, ok I’ll spare you with this one. Colors are not for men unless they’re gay or vain.
22. (M)If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that. (I say)But don’t do it in public… oh c’mon, it’s gross eeeewwww
23. (M)We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you. (I say)Thank you for the care, but don’t get angry or offended or irritated when we are honestly frank and direct especially when you play dumb and dumber.
24. (M)If we ask what is wrong and you say “nothing,” we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle. (I say)if you know you made a mistake or committed a sin, don’t act like you don’t know especially if it’s already too obvious or you are already caught, just apologize.
25. (M)If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear. (I say)We ask because we want to know the truth, but we’d rather hear the lie.
26. (M)When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really. (I say)Seriously? Even if we cut our hair and wear old clothes that people will ask you..”Is that your Aunt?”
27. (M)Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks. (I say)Don’t also ask us what we’re thinking about if you don’t want to discuss anything pink or red or purple or pumpkin or taupe haha
28. (M)You have enough clothes. (I say)It’s like saying don’t grow old.
29. (M)You have too many shoes. (I say)It’s like saying don’t grow at all.
30. (M)Foreign films are best left for all of those foreigners. (I say)That’s why they have subtitles.
31. (M)It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together. No, it doesn’t matter which quiz. (I say)It’s just an icebreaker like a horoscope or knowing a zodiac sign, don’t take it seriously though some people do (women and yes, men too) but neither can tell your destiny or how your relationship will go. What matters is your faith & trust in each other.
32. (M)Beer is as exciting for us as handbags are for you. (I say)Just like the liquor company says, “drink moderately” and then we will shop reasonably.
33. (M)Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don’t mind that? It’s like camping. (I say)I wouldn’t let you sleep on the couch just because of these rules, why should I when it’s more fun to sleep besides someone you love and besides, it’s also fun to break some rules some times hahaha
34. (M)I’m in shape. ROUND is a shape. (I say)Women are in shape too :P